Penn State Harrisburg

Important Forms/Information for International Students

What to Prepare When You Invite Your Family and/or Friends to Visit

If you want to invite your parents, siblings, or other friends and relative (not your spouse or children), you need to provide them with the following so they can apply for a visitor visa:

  • Letter of invitation (written by you in your language and in English).  The letter should include the  relationship to you, the purpose of the  visit,  the  time  period  of the  visit,  where  they will stay and eat,  and  any other pertinent information;
  • Evidence that you can support them  during the  visit  if you are  providing for the  room and  board  (i.e., bank  statement or assistantship information);
  • Evidence that you are  a full-time student by requesting enrollment verification from the Registrar's Office 
  • Copy of your I-20 or DS-2019

Additionally, they will need to provide evidence that they intend to return to their home country after the visit.